CLOSED: Recreational Therapy Intern
INTERN POSITION CLOSED - Please check back at a later time.
Home & Community-Based
About The Role
The internship program at New Leaf is year-round and interns are accepted during all semesters of the school year, including summer. Each student will be assigned one CTRS supervisor to shadow during the majority of their internship, along with possible opportunities to shadow other CTRS' in order to gain more experience working with a variety of clients and diagnoses.
Every intern will have the opportunity to be hired upon internship completion.
Brief Overview of Responsibilities
· Plan, coordinate, and conduct therapeutic recreation programs while under the supervision of the internship supervisor.
· Assess clients to address various areas of need and interest using our self-developed assessment.
· Create individualized treatment plans for clients.
· Track the client's goal progression by completing quarterly reports.
· Write progress notes for each session spent with clients.
· Attend and participate in quarterly treatment team meetings with the internship supervisor.
· Submit all written paperwork on their scheduled due dates for review to the internship supervisor.
· Complete a final project by utilizing the APIED process to plan an activity of the students choice.
· Current Therapeutic Recreation student
· Valid driver’s license
· Clean criminal history
· Negative TB test
· Liability insurance (provided by University)
· CPR certification
New Leaf Recreation, LLC views kindness, compassion, empathy, and respect as basic human rights. We will always treat everyone equally regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion or religious creed, disability or handicap, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, and/or local law. All who choose to apply are welcome ❤︎