Indianapolis & Merrillville, Indiana
Home & Community-Based
Competitive hourly pay based on education and experience. Full time annual income projected to be $90,000 - $112,000.
Long-Term Contract; Full Time & Part Time Available
About The Role
Recent graduates welcome! We are searching for dedicated and compassionate recreation therapists to join our team! New Leaf Recreation, LLC is an approved provider for the Indiana Medicaid Waiver, and therapists will provide services to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Your day will consist of engaging individual clients in various activities both inside the home and/or in the community, depending on the individual, their abilities, personal interests, and treatment plan goals. Activities include but are not limited to basketball, board and card games, working out, park visits, sporting events, mall walking and shopping, library visits, concerts, amusement parks, and much more. Today is a great day to turn over a New Leaf!
Brief Overview of Responsibilities
· Maintain and organize schedule and caseload of clients with support from.
· Plan, coordinate, and implement therapeutic recreation interventions for clients.
· Perform and document new and annual client assessments.
· Create individualized goals and treatment plans for each client based on needs and abilities.
· Complete quarterly reports tracking goal progression.
· Document progress notes after each recreational therapy session.
· Submit all documentation on their given due date in a timely manner.
· Collaborate and co-treat with paraprofessionals, such as other recreation therapists, behavior consultants, music therapists, case managers, etc.
· Attend and participate in quarterly inter-disciplinary team meetings.
· Bachelors/Masters in Therapeutic Recreation
· Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) or scheduled to sit for exam in near future
· CPR Certification
· Negative TB Test
· Clean Criminal History
· Valid Driver’s License
· Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office
· Reliable transportation to travel to and from clients
· Reliable laptop or tablet to complete documentation remotely
New Leaf Recreation, LLC views kindness, compassion, empathy, and respect as basic human rights. We will always treat everyone equally regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion or religious creed, disability or handicap, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, and/or local law. All who choose to apply are welcome ❤︎